Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Canada Post Sucks

This blog has been brewing for a while now and I need to post it now.

I live in a newer neighbourhood in Calgary and as such we no longer get door to door delivery from Canada Post. They have "super boxes" placed all over the neighbourhood and you have a specific box and keys to get your mail. I have no problem with this as I realize the city is bigger and to save time it is easier to have a truck full of mail and place it in the right box instead of going door to door. It would just be nice if they actually put things in the right box. Yesterday I picked up the mail and there was a key (the key is to one of two bigger boxes that they can put a parcel in to) I opened the parcel box and it was a parcel for an address on the other side of the street from me. This wouldn't bother me so much except for the fact that they never get anything right. Over Christmas they were actually doing door to door delivery of parcels. My house number is 55. There was a package on my doorstep (they don't ring the doorbell or wait for someone to be home they just drop it on the door), the issue was that is was for 7966 on a completely different street. I can understand wrong street as everything starts the same name but to look at my house being 2 digits and this being a 4 digit house number wasn't a big red flag? Not to mention my house numbers weren't even in the 4 digit number.
Put that on top of my mother in law sending a package to us with gift cards that never ever arrived. It had a tracking number and was supposedly delivered to us at 10:30 one morning. Problem was I was home and the postal contractors never actually get to our neighbourhood until at least 2pm. Nothing ever came of that one.

I also still have not received my package from the US that was sent to me before Christmas. At this point I don't think I ever will get it.

So with Canada Post being useless, it comes down to the fact that I don't know what tell people that want to send me things.

2 comments:

  1. Yup Canada Post is useless. I very rarely use them for anything. I live in a smaller city in NL, and they still can't can't get it right!!!

    ReplyDelete